pa2a.org


Share Thread:  
Decisions...Decisions
#1
Okay, So before all this Panic began I was in the middle of an Armalite-15 build for which I have the lower and LPK with a stock. This is all built out and safely in my possession courtesy of Insite Firearms and Palmetto State Armory.

Since the panic began, the quality parts (BCM complete upper w/ BCG and CH) that I'd like to put on my rifle are nearly impossible to come by unless I'm Johnny on the spot with these emails they send out, and even then only in individual parts...

Now, my question is this...I've come across a S&W AR-15 (Model OR) for $1100 at a local shop and I can buy it tomorrow if I want to, but should I compromise by buying a 'canned' rifle or wait it out to get the upper I want? Shrug The fear of course being that I can't get the upper I want because of some Ban, that's yet to come.

Tell me wise men of the interweb...what would you do? Huh
"A Ship in Harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for."
Reply
#2
Get the canned rifle and hope that you are able to pick up the parts for the build on a part by part basis based on availability. Big Grin
[Image: member955.png]
USAF (1976 -1986) NRA, GOA Anim_sniper2
"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Dan Cofall
Reply
#3
I agree with Bill.
das, proud to be a member of pa2a.org since Sep 2012.
Reply
#4
Diggity;66022 Wrote:Okay, So before all this Panic began I was in the middle of an Armalite-15 build for which I have the lower and LPK with a stock. This is all built out and safely in my possession courtesy of Insite Firearms and Palmetto State Armory.

Since the panic began, the quality parts (BCM complete upper w/ BCG and CH) that I'd like to put on my rifle are nearly impossible to come by unless I'm Johnny on the spot with these emails they send out, and even then only in individual parts...

Now, my question is this...I've come across a S&W AR-15 (Model OR) for $1100 at a local shop and I can buy it tomorrow if I want to, but should I compromise by buying a 'canned' rifle or wait it out to get the upper I want? Shrug The fear of course being that I can't get the upper I want because of some Ban, that's yet to come.

Tell me wise men of the interweb...what would you do? Huh

Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, youll be lucky to find the AR there tomorrow....
[Image: incubi+INK.jpg]. ABC,CBS,NBC,CNN no diff
Reply








Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Software by MyBB, © 2002-2015 MyBB Group.
Template by Modogodo Design.